Blog TopicsEventsNewsInspirationFeaturedWeddingsNetworkLearnShowcaseShareCelebrateGive BackBusiness Info
WoW takes SOCIALizing to a whole new level
Posted By Victoria WoW January 22nd, 2014
Women of Wedding's first event of 2014 gave WoW Members the opportunity to brush up and dig deeper into our social media savvy. We were delighted to welcome our knowledgeable guest speaker JUHLi SELBy of JUHLi SELBy Social Media to review the advantages of using social media to build relationships with our clients.
Among our top takeaways from JUHli's informative presentation were tips like:
- generate more traffic to your website by having a Google+ business page
- build credibility as experts in our industry by writing blog posts and registering authorship on Google+
- make sure your Facebook profile showcases your professional profile
- keep all your personal posts as positive as possible if you are doing business on Facebook
- develop relationships with "influencers" on Twitter, like reporters and bloggers
- generate informational and fun videos for YouTube that showcase your personality as a business
- use your web address in the description of your YouTube video
- pin images to Pinterest that link back to your website, and overlay your web address on the image
- showcase a variety of boards on Pinterest that might be of interest to your target clientele even if they are not directly related to your business
- keep your Instagram photos relevant, behind the scenes (avoid ads!)
- watermark your Instagram images with your logo and use hashtags
- respond in real time to client concerns and comments on all social media channels
- use only the social media channels that make sense for your business: what are your brides using?
- use your social media channels to create interest, build relationships, and position yourself as an expert, then drive them to your website to do business
WoW Members got "engaged" during JUHLi's fascinating conversation.
We are so grateful to JUHLi for sharing her expertise with us, and we feel well-equipped to make the most effective use of social media to build our businesses. Thanks also to Aurezo Sanari, WoW's Community Liaison, who stood in for Founding Member Sharon Rai. Congratulations to Sharon, who recently celebrated the birth of her baby girl Naiva.
We are also immensely grateful to our first Showcase Sponsors of 2014, who truly dazzled us with their talent, and highlighted their services and offerings with style.
Our gorgeous venue was the regal Hatley Castle at Royal Roads University. Guests commented that the castle looked like it would be right at home near Downton Abbey, and we could picture how a vintage themed wedding (still so popular according to our décor experts) would play out beautifully in the space. Thank you to Lorraine Burtoi and her team for showcasing their unique venue, and for hosting an extended tour for WoW Members.
The talented team from Trend Décor elevated the castle's built-in ambiance with some vintage charm. Danielle Lewis and her assistants did a stunning job complimenting the classic atmosphere with antique-inspired accents.
WoW Members were greeted with fizzy berry cocktails provided by Truffles Catering, WoW Member and Hatley Castle's exclusive caterer. Truffles created a gorgeous brunch-inspired buffet with mini smoked salmon and cream cheese bagels, petite quiches, fresh fruit and divine chocolate wrapped strawberries. As usual, Jannine Rossi and her team did an outstanding job.
We were also greeted with the melodic voice of Laura Earnshaw, accompanied on the guitar by the talented Caelen Starblanket LaRocque. The duo is known as Carpé Diem, and have recently joined the WoW Community. Welcome and thank you for the beautiful music!
As usual, our January event offered lots of opportunity to connect with our sister WoW Members. Who do you recognize in these terrific photos? All images featured in this blog post were snapped by WoW Team Event Photographer, Rita Steensen.
Thanks to all who participated in WoW's first event of 2014. Learning new skills together was a great way to start the new year! We look forward to many more opportunities to network, learn, showcase, share, and celebrate throughout the coming year.
Speaking of celebrating: February marks WoW's 1st anniversary, and we are getting ready to rejoice in style with a grand industry event! Join us on a special date and special time: Thursday, February 20th at 7pm. You won't want to be left out of this soirée, so RSVP now!